Information tab in desktop version

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Apr 17 13:47:34 PDT 2019

On 2019/04/17 21:04, Doug Junkins wrote:
> It is not clear to me why atmospheric pressure and dive mode were chosen as special fields that get added to the location label on the Notes tab as opposed to other fields like water and air temperature. Are those really the most important fields for the majority of Subsurface users to be treated uniquely?

They are two critical values for interpretation of the ceiling in the
dive profile and therefore play an important rôle in assessing the
safety of a dive. Temperature is not (well, unless you are diving at
very low temperature). It is an attempt to maximise the ability
information of the display to provide information relating to the safety
of the dive.

> I am not sure the Location label should be overloaded to display these other fields, to be honest.

If you have an alternative suggestion of where to display this
information, please bring this up. That is the purpose of this
discussion. We must assume there will be different points of view but
are trying to get a consensus that accommodates as many as possible of
the different types of divers that use Subsurface. Makes sense?

Kind regards,

wf

> -Doug

Please refer to