PLanner and dive list suggestions
DavidJ.wilkinson at outlook.com
Thu Apr 18 11:52:43 PDT 2019
I want to first of all thank you for an excellent dive log; I have used a few and find Subsurface to be by far the most useful for me.
I am somewhere between a Rec user and a Tech user and a Dive Master and I use Subsurface for all my diving with over 100 dives logged in Subsurface, my platform is Windows 10 and Android using Shearwater and Oceanic dive computers to upload data.
This Is my first posting so I apologize if some of this has been raised and or dismissed previously and I respect any decision that has been made.
1. I really appreciate the ability to plan a dive and I use the dive planner often for building entire profiles as well as calculating deco before a dive and compare the dive computer results to the plan profile (This is an excellent feature).
* Currently plans and dives are combined when the times match or overlap, I would like to have an ability to explicitly link a plan to a dive.
* When using 2 dive computers that record dives slightly differently and using the merge function to bring a number of dives together that are really 1 I would like to have the ability to control better the combination (The normal Merge when using 1 dive computer is great, but when using 2 seems to break down)
* I would like the ability to save the plan from a previously completed dive currently it appears that I need to edit the dive in the planner which gives me the plan and completed profile in the editor (I like this view) and then save as new, however this gives a copy of the entire plan+completed profile and I would like to separate the plan so that I can reuse it
2. Using Windows 10 I downloaded 4.8.6 to get the time/date change fix but found that the Bluetooth upload did not work and I had to revert to 4.8.5 (Minor issue)
3. I have just started to use the mobile version on android along with the Windows desktop, both synchronized through the cloud storage (This worked perfectly), I would like to request that the dive list on Android behave similar to the dive list on the desktop. On android multiple profiles of the same dive appear separately in the list where as on the desktop they are behind a single dive number. I think my preference would be for them to appear similar to the desktop version although I would like the ability to explicitly manage each profile.
Thank you for taking the time
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the subsurface