G2 HUD support?

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Tue Apr 23 00:43:36 PDT 2019

On 2019-04-22 19:02, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> I think Jef is also on the subsurface list, but I'm just adding him
> here as an explicit participant in case he only tracks it
> occasionally.

I'm indeed subscribed to the list. I try to follow up on the
development, especially the libdivecomputer related questions. But
sometimes I might miss some of the topics.

> You already have the log and dump files, so hopefully Jef can tell
> what the silly change to the Uwatec format is _this_ time that makes
> libdivecomputer not recognize the dives as dives.

It's just the new model number that needs to be added. And of course the
USB VID/PID. I have the necessary fixes ready to push. The G2 HUD
appears to support BLE as well. Do we know the bluetooth device name?
Then I can add that as well.

@William: Can you try to download a memory dump over BLE as well and
send the logs? The bluetooth device name should be in the subsurface
log.

Jef