G2 HUD support?

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Apr 23 13:32:35 PDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 12:43 AM Jef Driesen <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:

> On 2019-04-22 19:02, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
> > You already have the log and dump files, so hopefully Jef can tell
> > what the silly change to the Uwatec format is _this_ time that makes
> > libdivecomputer not recognize the dives as dives.
>
> It's just the new model number that needs to be added. And of course the
> USB VID/PID.

Have you found where the GPS coordinates might be? The G2 HUD
allegedly supports GPS.

(Btw, right now we export GPS information with the extra-string
interface, but it would actually be much better to have an actual GPS
event. No, they won't happen under water, but in addition to the
beginning/end they can happen in the middle of the dive when
surfacing, so an event with a timestamp etc would be really useful).

> I have the necessary fixes ready to push.

Apparently they aren't out yet, but I'll merge them when they are and
we can get testing going.

                  Linus