G2 HUD support?

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Wed Apr 24 07:58:31 PDT 2019

On 2019-04-23 22:32, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Have you found where the GPS coordinates might be? The G2 HUD
> allegedly supports GPS.
>
> (Btw, right now we export GPS information with the extra-string
> interface, but it would actually be much better to have an actual GPS
> event. No, they won't happen under water, but in addition to the
> beginning/end they can happen in the middle of the dive when
> surfacing, so an event with a timestamp etc would be really useful).

No, I didn't look for the GPS info. Since the Uwatec data format uses a
type/value encoding for the sample data and I didn't notice a new type,
the only place where GPS info can be stored is in the MISC sample. I
have seen some unknown subtypes before. A quick check shows there are
indeed some unknown subtypes present in the G2 HUD data:

Unknown misc sample with type 24 and length 3.
Unknown misc sample with type 16 and length 91.
Unknown misc sample with type 17 and length 67.

>> I have the necessary fixes ready to push.
>
> Apparently they aren't out yet, but I'll merge them when they are and
> we can get testing going.

I have pushed the changes now.

Jef