Subsurface Information tab

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Thu Apr 25 00:09:03 PDT 2019

Hallo Berthold,

The intention is to make user-editable the existing water temperature,
air temperature and air pressure in the Information tab. Currently none
of the items in the Information tab are editable. Therefore
TabDiveInformation.cpp does not have any of the macros or functions to
save any information to a dive, e.g. the equivalent of
updateDiveInfo(), UPDATE_TEMP(airtemp) and UPDATE_TEMP(watertemp) in
maintab.cpp. It seems to me not optimal to duplicate the functions in
maintab.cpp for saving data in in TabDiveInformation.cpp because these
functions already exist in maintab.cpp. Another possibility is to
include maintab.h in TabDiveInformation and to trigger and update of the
all the dive information when the Information tab is edited, but I am
not convinced this is the best way to go either because one would have
to create and populate a maintab class form within TabDiveInformation.
There must be easier ways to do the C++ for saving the temperatures to a
dive and my C++ is not excellent, especially when Qt is involved.

Perhaps the easiest is to wait until you have opportunity to work on the
undo of the Equipment tab. When you do these changes to the Equipment
tab, would you be prepared to have a look at TabDiveInformation.cpp as
well? It appears the Equipment tab information is handled within
maintab.cpp by including the various equipment Qt models and not on a
separate basis like in TabDiveInformation. Alternatively, if you can
give me some clear suggestions that would not obfuscate any of the undo
work you plan, I can do some changes in the code. Do you have any
suggestion?

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to