MAC os Mojave Subsurface Bug

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Apr 27 08:05:55 PDT 2019

Your message was "held in moderation" because the Subsurface developer mailing list moderates posts from non-members by default (that significantly cuts down on spam).
The GitHub issue was filed after you sent the picture without text. And neither GitHub nor the developer mailing list are our UserForum (which doesn't moderate new posters).

Anyway, I have never seen a DMG self-replicate, I have never seen a report of that behavior for Subsurface, and I have just opened the 4.8.6 DMG on my macOS 10.14 machine and it does no such thing.

Not sure what to tell you, but I am rather doubtful that this behavior is caused by Subsurface. Just to be safe, can you check if there was an error in downloading the DMG?

Can you run

md5 Subsurface-4.8.6.dmg

in a Terminal window on your Mac? Does the output match aaa247620ff9fd8654bfa0d7f47e5c9a ?
If not, please re-download the DMG as it may have gotten damaged

/D