Feature Request: (re-request) Multi-user support

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Thu Aug 1 10:36:28 PDT 2019

On 2019/08/01 17:40, John Hanzl wrote:
> Thanks for this info - I wasn't aware that you can have multiple
> workspaces saved. Unfortunately I believe the workspaces are saved on
> a local drive path and can't be changed. So it is only good for a
> given login on a given computer, meaning if I set up 100 user
> workspaces, they would only work on the computer I created the
> workspaces on and then only for my computer login.

I am a little confused by what you mean with "workspaces". I assume you
mean users with different logins. I am not sure about Windows, but on
Linux each user can use the software that has been installed using the
system software management tools (e.g. apt-get in Linux). Subsurface
runs independently for each user, including user-specific preferences
with no visibility of the dive logs of other users. For admin to access
the logs of users, root-level access rights can be given (just talk to
you sys admin) or, alternatively, admin can access the cloud copies of
the different dive logs if he/she knows the user names & passwords.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf