Large negative pressures

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Aug 7 10:00:16 PDT 2019

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 9:51 AM Linus Torvalds

> It might be worth trying to just build subsurface with "-ftrapv".

Yeah, that just SIGABRT's immediately for me just from loading my dives.

Apparently I have a dive with

    ndl=71582788:15

in my dive log, because that's how we print a duration of "-1" and
we've imported an invalid ndl at some point.

So using -ftrapv actually works, but may not be practical. But for
debugging this particular issue, I'll just start with an empty dive
log and try your planner thing.

If you want to test this yourself, just do

   ccmake .

in your build directory, and then go and change the optimization
options to "-g -ftrapv" and re-generate and build.

             Linus