COMMENTS, PLEASE: Proposal for restructured preferences UI

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Dec 9 11:15:21 PST 2019

Following the discussion on this topic I have written code for a
new-look preferences UI. If you can build Subsurface, load the
repository at https://github.com/willemferguson/subsurface.git and the
branch preferences1 and give me comments, please. The object is NOT to
look at the code at all. Look at the implementation, the look-and-feel
and the intuitiveness of the UI.

This is an extraordinarily difficult project to do in small commits.
This is because so many parts of the code are interconnected and cannot
compile without a full implementation to achieve a specific
sub-objective. The work is divided into six commits. The work is not
complete and still needs substantial attention from my side.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf