Mark dives as invalid (was Re: Questions about obscure preferences)

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Dec 13 05:49:10 PST 2019

On Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2019 08:26:44 CET Berthold Stoeger wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2019 08:07:06 CET Anton Lundin wrote:
> > On 11 December, 2019 - Willem Ferguson wrote:
> > > 2) Mark invalid dives, an option currently in the General preferences
> > > tab.
> > > Apparently one can mark dives as invalid (maybe pool dives or equipment
> > > test dives??). How does one do this? The user manual has nothing useful.
> >
> > I'm not sure if that functionality ever made it into the Qt ui. It was
> > there in the GTK+ version.
>
> It didn't, see comment in desktop-widgets/divelistview.cpp:795. Shouldn't be
> terribly hard to implement though and users expressed interest in the
> feature. For example, someone wanted to hide pool dives that way.

Indeed the basic implementation is rather trivial as shown in github PR #2440.
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/pull/2440

What is still needed is a proper UI and some fine-tuning concerning the
interaction with the rest of the system. E.g. the planner.

If you have interest in marking dives as invalid (for example pool or
equipment test dives mentioned by Willem above), please speak up now, as Dirk
finds this a "very strange concept". ;)

Berthold