Mark dives as invalid (was Re: Questions about obscure preferences)

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Dec 13 09:19:03 PST 2019

On 2019/12/13 15:49, Berthold Stoeger wrote:
> 2) Mark invalid dives, an option currently in the General preferences
>>> I'm not sure if that functionality ever made it into the Qt ui. It was
>>> there in the GTK+ version.
> Indeed the basic implementation is rather trivial as shown in github PR #2440.
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/pull/2440
>
> What is still needed is a proper UI and some fine-tuning concerning the
> interaction with the rest of the system. E.g. the planner.
>
> If you have interest in marking dives as invalid (for example pool or
> equipment test dives mentioned by Willem above), please speak up now, as Dirk
> finds this a "very strange concept". ;)
>
> Berthold

Even though I would probably not use this feature one should think of
the utility of the software to the broader user base. The only obvious
case is an instructor or some other professional who spends significant
time in a rather deep pool (ours is 7m). There must have been a reason
it was implemented in the GTK version of Subsurface? If some survey of
user demand for this feature is done I would recommend sending it also
to those that sent the google groups or developer mail list some
inquiries about such a feature.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to