RFC: Subsurface Statistics tab

Hartley Horwitz hhrwtz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 10:21:06 PST 2019

> Bcc:
> Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 23:14:31 -0600
> Subject: Re: RFC: Subsurface Statistics tab
> Hey guys,
>
> Preview of what bryan and i have been working on. Finally had some time
> after the holiday to put some thinking and ideas together. What you’ll see
> is probably more of a future version due to the limitations of qt but we’re
> working through it.
>
> Check out the link below, the way i’m thinking about it is to make the
> collection and organization of dives easier to input and manage at a glance
> first- using space well so we only show what’s needed at the time the user
> is focused on specific tasks, and then revamp how analytics are displayed
> in a small space. Check it out, the prototype below doesn’t do the idea its
> full justice but imagine it a scrolling experience (you’ll notice the
> bubbles on the side)
>
> https://marvelapp.com/80h8907/screen/64271256

It was cool to see these new ideas.  I really like the mock-screens, all
except for the main dive log screen.  For that screen I'd rather see more
of a list than just a few of the last dives.  Maybe it would show the last
10 dives or something like that, but I can see if being challenging getting
through a list of 100's or 1000's of dives with the screen shot shown.

Maybe I haven't fully understood how you'll handle the main page of the
dive log.

….Hartley