dive site handling

Henrik B A henrik at synth.no
Sun Feb 24 06:16:43 PST 2019

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019, 23:16 Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:

>  But what I was hoping for was that the Subsurface users could create
> their own database: Sharing logbook entries has a lot of privacy issues but
> I think many of our users would be willing to share dive site information
> they collect if they can participate from this data. If we could implement
> this I think it would be really cool. Many details would have to be worked
> out (how to deal with languages, which fields would we share, coordinates,
> names, notes?)

For the initial rework, let's just keep it easy and simple, each user with
his/her own dive sites in the local XML (or private cloud obviously).

An online shared DB could be nice as well, but that's a completely
different beast IMHO. Also, many sites aren't shareable: They could be on
private ground, or be secret (risk of artifact theft etc).

Henrik