dive site handling

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Feb 24 06:40:41 PST 2019

On 2019/02/24 16:16, Henrik B A wrote:
> For the initial rework, let's just keep it easy and simple, each user
> with his/her own dive sites in the local XML (or private cloud
> obviously).
>
> An online shared DB could be nice as well, but that's a completely
> different beast IMHO. Also, many sites aren't shareable: They could be
> on private ground, or be secret (risk of artifact theft etc).
>
> Henrik

Apologies for not-very-useful previous message, I hit the send button
inadvertently. Given your rough GUI proposals, should one be able to add
non-dived-yet dive sites? Currently one can do a fair bit of editing of
existing dive site information. Maybe you have to repeat what you argued
for initially. Which enhancements/re-writing of the current system
should be done? As you see it, what is the obvious starting point?

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf