quick 4.8.5 release - feedback needed!

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jan 21 13:54:00 PST 2019

So there's a bug that makes the Teric fail after a v11 FW update (that
one's totally on me).
Also, the Windows binaries for 4.8.4 (once again - also totally on me) are
missing hidapi support.
Additionally, there are a few new dive computers supported in
libdivecomputer (which Linus will be merging at some point today).

Why am I writing this in such a strange way? Because the state of the
filter widget tells me that I should not cut a release based on master...

So my options are
(a) wait for the filter to be truly ready
(b) create a 4.8 branch based on 4.8.4 and just add a hand full of commits
    that clearly fix bugs or fall into the list above
(c) create a 4.8 branch based on master, but revert all the filter changes
(d) something else?

I'd love to hear some feedback / preferences... on my own I think I'd lean
towards (b)...

Thanks