Subsurface 4.8.5 and Subsurface-mobile 2.1.6 soon

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jan 23 01:52:07 PST 2019

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 05:34:39PM +1300, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> If I remember I will follow up to this email with links to the various
> binaries that you could test if you wanted... or I'll just release it and
> have our users be the testers :-)
>
> What is available right now can be found here:
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/tag/continuous-v4.8-branch
>
> Certainly the Windows installer and the (unsigned) arm apk (the arm64 has
> BLE issues) are worth testing as is. Also of course the AppImage.

For simplicity, I copied the Windows installer from GitHub onto our server
(but it's the same binary):
http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/subsurface-4.8.4-66-g2b9da3504b05.exe

A signed Android APK is at
http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobile-4.8.4.66-arm.apk

A signed Mac DMG is at
http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-4.8.4-66-g2b9da3504b05.dmg

Distribution binaries for Ubuntu and friends and Fedora / OpenSUSE are at
https://launchpad.net/~subsurface/+archive/ubuntu/subsurface-daily
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:Subsurface-Divelog/Subsurface-daily

And finally, if people would like to help translating the announcement
(which should go out something like 14 hours from now or so, assuming
nothing else breaks...):

https://www.transifex.com/subsurface/website-146/announcing-subsurface-4-8-5/

Thanks so much for any testing, any translating you can do. I know this is
a bit of a high speed / high risk release - but the Teric breakage was way
too annoying to leave people who installed v11 stranded.