Subsurface 4.8.5 and Subsurface-mobile 2.1.6 soon

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jan 23 15:29:50 PST 2019

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 09:30:59AM +1300, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> ...aaaaand at least in my VM and in the test of one outside user, it seems
> that the Windows binary can't talk to the Bluetooth host device at all.
>
> It seems this release is doomed.

It does indeed. For complicated and boring reasons I don't have access to
the system on which I apparently fixed the Windows build and which I
appear to have created the Windows binary for 4.8.4 on. I THOUGHT I had
pushed all of that to GitHub, but never tested that it seems, and now I
may or may not be able to re-create that while on the road. I'll continue
to try recreating this environment on my latop, but at this point I'm
guessing this may not happen until I'm back at home, which I find
extremely frustrating.

I'll keep you updated on progress with all that, and in the meantime I
think I'll just push the Android package to production so we can at least
point people to Subsurface-mobile on Android if they want to download from
the Teric.