Subsurface-mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jan 24 00:14:33 PST 2019

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 03:23:31PM +0800, Magnus Stensson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I really like the Subsurface program, use it  both on PC and Android.
>
> I have two feature enhancements I'd love to see for the Android app:
>
> 1. The ability to add certification cards so I don't have to keep these
> separately. Just 2 jpg pictures for each card with a couple of text fields
> - Agency, Cert Type, Date.

How would that be better than simply taking a photo with your phone and
showing that photo? This has been suggested once or twice before - and it
doesn't seem to me that there is really significant added value.

> 2. Ability to add dive location from Google maps to a dive, like you can in
> the PC app.

The touch based UI on a phone makes this conceptually a bit harder.
Certainly something that we can consider.

Thanks