Subsurface 4.8.5 and Subsurface-mobile 2.1.6 soon

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jan 24 01:42:12 PST 2019

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 10:11:09AM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:
> On 24-01-2019 04:32, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>

> > Using this environment I created yet another new Windows installer and I
> > now believe that I now have working binaries on downloads/test for Windows
> > and Mac. I would appreciate if people could test especially the Windows
> > version with BLE dive computers.
> >

> Fired up my dual boot windows 8 box, and I'm unable to download from DC. In
> fact, Subsurface does not see the local bluetooth controller (latest
> v4.8-branch build). I verified an old test build (4.7.3.339 or something)
> that I had sitting around on that machine, and that one does work normally.
> Obviously, I did repair my DC on OS level (successfully). No changes at all.

You don't mention which version you tried.
I uploaded a 4.8.5 Windows build a little while ago. In my VM it does see
the virtual BT adapter - which the earlier 4.8.4-66 build did not.

And to be clear, the GitHub build is currently broken for Windows/BT&BLE;
you need to really try this one:

http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/subsurface-4.8.5.exe

I think I have a new Docker image ready that we can use on GitHub, but I
doubt the hotel I'm staying at (or the conference that I'm attending)
would appreciate if I tried to upload a 2.3GB docker image. So I'll fix
THAT problem when I'm back home.

My current plan is to try to get all of the binaries ready and then go to
sleep. I'll post announcements tomorrow as it sucks when I post the
announcement and then am offline for 8+ hours when things break :-/