Subsurface 4.8.5 and Subsurface-mobile 2.1.6 soon

Steve stevewilliams at internode.on.net
Thu Jan 24 02:07:25 PST 2019

-----Original Message-----
From: subsurface <subsurface-bounces at subsurface-divelog.org> On Behalf Of Dirk Hohndel
Sent: Thursday, 24 January 2019 8:12 PM
To: Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: Subsurface 4.8.5 and Subsurface-mobile 2.1.6 soon

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 10:11:09AM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:
> On 24-01-2019 04:32, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>

> > Using this environment I created yet another new Windows installer
> > and I now believe that I now have working binaries on downloads/test
> > for Windows and Mac. I would appreciate if people could test
> > especially the Windows version with BLE dive computers.
> >

> Fired up my dual boot windows 8 box, and I'm unable to download from
> DC. In fact, Subsurface does not see the local bluetooth controller
> (latest v4.8-branch build). I verified an old test build (4.7.3.339 or
> something) that I had sitting around on that machine, and that one does work normally.
> Obviously, I did repair my DC on OS level (successfully). No changes at all.

You don't mention which version you tried.
I uploaded a 4.8.5 Windows build a little while ago. In my VM it does see the virtual BT adapter - which the earlier 4.8.4-66 build did not.

And to be clear, the GitHub build is currently broken for Windows/BT&BLE; you need to really try this one:

http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/subsurface-4.8.5.exe

I think I have a new Docker image ready that we can use on GitHub, but I doubt the hotel I'm staying at (or the conference that I'm attending) would appreciate if I tried to upload a 2.3GB docker image. So I'll fix THAT problem when I'm back home.

My current plan is to try to get all of the binaries ready and then go to sleep. I'll post announcements tomorrow as it sucks when I post the announcement and then am offline for 8+ hours when things break :-/

/D

I just tried 4.8.5 as I happen to have my ostc3+ with me and it failed on windows 10.
Battery is at 15% on the ostc3 and I don't have my battery charger on me so just a point.

See attached screenshot.

Steve