Subsurface 4.8.5 and Subsurface-mobile 2.1.6 soon

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 24 04:42:18 PST 2019

On 24-01-2019 10:42, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 10:11:09AM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:
>> On 24-01-2019 04:32, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>

>>> Using this environment I created yet another new Windows installer and I
>>> now believe that I now have working binaries on downloads/test for Windows
>>> and Mac. I would appreciate if people could test especially the Windows
>>> version with BLE dive computers.
>>>

>> Fired up my dual boot windows 8 box, and I'm unable to download from DC. In
>> fact, Subsurface does not see the local bluetooth controller (latest
>> v4.8-branch build). I verified an old test build (4.7.3.339 or something)
>> that I had sitting around on that machine, and that one does work normally.
>> Obviously, I did repair my DC on OS level (successfully). No changes at all.
>
> You don't mention which version you tried.
> I uploaded a 4.8.5 Windows build a little while ago. In my VM it does see
> the virtual BT adapter - which the earlier 4.8.4-66 build did not.
>
> And to be clear, the GitHub build is currently broken for Windows/BT&BLE;
> you need to really try this one:
>
> http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/subsurface-4.8.5.exe
>
> I think I have a new Docker image ready that we can use on GitHub, but I
> doubt the hotel I'm staying at (or the conference that I'm attending)
> would appreciate if I tried to upload a 2.3GB docker image. So I'll fix
> THAT problem when I'm back home.
>
> My current plan is to try to get all of the binaries ready and then go to
> sleep. I'll post announcements tomorrow as it sucks when I post the
> announcement and then am offline for 8+ hours when things break :-/

My bad. I pulled the build from GitHub releases, so build with the
improper Docker image.

So, I did a second Windows 8 try using my OSTC3. Configure DC works
"always" when connecting over BT, but fails over BLE. Download sort of
works. Sort of, as it sometimes succeeds and sometimes fails. I cannot
really tell which way the data came in (which is related to my issue on
GitHub #1891). But maybe that Windows 8 machine is not recent enough to
work properly under BLE.

--jan