Bug: Segmentation fault on moving dive site

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Jul 6 11:16:57 PDT 2019

On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 9:01 AM Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> I define a new dive site name on the Notes panel, then click the globe
> to edit the site information. The next action is to use the map and drag
> the flag to the correct location. The flag drgas ok, but when I release
> the mouse button after dragging the flag, the program generates a
> segmentation fault. I ran Subsurface with a -v -v (output attached) but
> I cannot see anything useful.
>
> Can  anyone else replicate this problem?

Not repeatable here, it worked fine for me.

However, almost every time I have any issues related to the map, it's
because the googlemaps plugin isn't in sync with the installed Qt
location services.

It's very easy to build a version of subsurface without building and
installing a new version of the google maps plugin. And often it even
works, but then occasionally you have odd problems (or not so odd
problems - the map doesn't work at all).

So I'd suggest blowing away your old googlemaps build entirely, and
rebuild it from scratch (I don't think the dependencies work for when
you have a system qt update) and re-install the plugin.

                Linus