4.9

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Jul 14 13:53:07 PDT 2019

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019, 13:43 Berthold Stoeger said:

> We have at least one reproducible crash (
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/2167)
> <https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/2167>

No idea on that one.

But:

 no confirmation that Steve's problem was fixed (I'd like to understand how
> the situation could happen).

Steve's problem with the cylinder usage was easy to reproduce.

Just export one dive that has a cylinder as xml. Then edit it to add
something like

    use="impossible"

for the cylinder.

Then load that xml file and do "Save As" as another xml file.

Without my fix it crashes due to cylinder->use being -1 and us accessing a
bad array entry.

So I could repro his issue and confirmed that my fix actually makes a
difference.

Unless you're talking about another Steve problem..

      Linus