CRASH

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jul 27 11:31:36 PDT 2019

Hi Davide and welcome to our mailing list - I have added you to the approved senders, so even if you didn't sign up for the mailing list (which is mainly interesting for developers, I guess), your emails will no longer be held in moderation.

We have a very small number of reports of crashes with 4.9 - almost all on Windows. And the information from the one person who was able to track this down a little so far seemed to point to it being an issue with the maps.

Does Windows give you any information about the issue in the crash reporter? I'm no Windows expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I think this is how you can get this information:

- run Subsurface 4.9 and reproduce the crash
- open the Start menu, type 'event' and pick the Event Viewer
- navigate to Windows Logs -> Application and find the latest one with Error in the level column and Application Error in the source column
- copy the text in the General tab and send it to the mailing list

This may either confirm that this is indeed an error with the maps (or tell us that there is yet another issue we need to track down).

Thanks for your report!

/D