minor bug with filtering in 4.9.0

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Jul 28 05:51:42 PDT 2019

On 2019/07/28 12:12, Adric Norris wrote:
> I'm using the 4.9.0 AppImage on Ubuntu 19.04, in case that makes a
> difference.
>
> When trying out the new ability to filter dives by text in the notes,
> I noticed that clicking on the red X with tooltip stating "Close and
> reset filters" doesn't actually reset the filters. So it's then
> necessary to reopen the log filter and do both a reset filters and
> close in order to get back to the unfiltered dive list.
>
> I can certainly see wanting to display the map—which gets overlaid by
> the filter criteria—for one or more of the filtered dives. So it's
> unclear which is actually incorrect... the behaviour, or simply the
> text of the tooltip.
>
> It's working beautifully otherwise, by the way. :)
>
> --

Hi Adric,

The red button does not reset the filter. The YELLOW button resets the
filter.

The red button simply switches the filter panel off, exposing the map
panel. This allows one to view the locations of dives resulting from
filtering.

The red button on the filter panel and the menu option "Filter divelist"
have similar functions. This menu item does not clear or reset the
filter. It jus allows viewing the filter panel or switching it off.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf