Segmentation fault: 4.9.0 on Linux Ubuntu

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Jul 29 00:51:30 PDT 2019

My Linux Subsurface is a little wonky and I would like to know whether
my problem is repeatable on other systems. The problem arises in the
filter. When doing several filters looking for a person or a place the
program crashes after 2 or 3 characters have been typed into the
appropriate text box. Running Subsurface with -v -v does not provide
anything informative. But I need to know whether it is just my system or
not.

For any specific individual interested I have a 3.5Mbyte test dive log
with instructions on how I reliably create a segfault on my system.
Unfortunately I cannot anonymise it because the filter searches the text
fields.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to