Filter - Segmentation fault: 4.9.0 on Linux Ubuntu

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jul 30 07:57:35 PDT 2019

Hi Willem,

On Tuesday, 30 July 2019 16:35:25 CEST Willem Ferguson wrote:
> This is the segmentation fault when using the filter to search for a
> person. Interestingly it refers back to maplocationmodel.cpp line 43.
> hat code is way above my head.

Are you using current master? That is suspiciously close to the crash that was
(hopefully) fixed in 35cbc9c6ccad76735f680c96bcfaab7439bd397f.

Apart from that I'm seeing the selection code in the backtrace, which makes me
nervous as there we had the most horrible bug to track down. I'm still not
sure if this isn't a very subtle Qt bug in the QSortFilterProxyModel mapping.

> I wonder whether this could be related to
> the other different segfault that occurs when double-clicking a location
> on the map.

Do you also have a backtrace for that?

Berthold