MacOS will require programs to be notarised by Apple

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jul 30 23:12:46 PDT 2019

> On Jul 30, 2019, at 3:15 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 11:32:21PM +0200, Robert Helling wrote:
>> Dirk,
>>
>> do you follow the discussion about how future versions of MacOS will very soon require programs to be notarised by Apple to be run:
>>
>> https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=04102019a
>>
>> Maybe you are already doing that, but I guess if not we will very soon have to look into this if we want to continue to distribute a Mac version.
>
> I'm not. It's on my increasingly unmaintainably long list of things to do...

I looked into this. It's at the same time not hard and annoyingly painful to do :-/

Can someone with the latest macOS try if this shows up as notarized?

https://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-4.9.0-35.dmg

(note - this file is named Subsurface-4.9.0-35.dmg which is different from the https://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-4.9.0-35-g29f5d15a6692.dmg I posted yesterday... this is intentional as I didn't want to break that test binary from yesterday by mistake... the one WITH the -g29f5d15a6692 should be NOT notarized. The one with the shorter name without the SHA should BE notarized)

Thanks