Accessing historical versions of the cloud copy of the dive log

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jun 18 07:49:53 PDT 2019

For quite a long time I had this desire to implement a simple "walk back" feature in Subsurface.
But as always - I have no time. I barely have time to do the things I need to do in order to keep maintaining this project. And in the last couple of months, arguably I haven't even had that amount of time.
I think I mentioned this before - I foolishly decided a couple of years ago to work with a builder to get a custom house built for my family... three weeks ago that got completed and we moved... and the month before and the time since have been... challenging as far as finding time to do fun things - like dealing with Subsurface releases, ideas for things that I want to add to it are so far down the list, it's not even funny.

That said, I think the worst is over (famous last words) and also I have a dive trip coming up in a week, so there's a chance that I will emerge from hiatus.
Which means that hopefully we'll be able to inch closer to 4.9.
And after that, maybe this is the fun thing I decide to do (and drive poor Berthold crazy because I'm sure that the simplistic idea that I have in mind will completely wreak havoc with the day-to-day much more useful undo mechanism that he has been building.

/D