road to 4.9

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jun 22 11:45:25 PDT 2019

I feel a bit like I'm talking to myself here. Willem responded privately
about the user manual and also reported a bug. Is anyone else testing?

I did see several of the translators worked on the new strings that I
pushed - my heartfelt thanks for this.

I will be traveling the next two weeks and should as part of this have
plenty of opportunity to test Subsurface (Linux and Mac) and
Subsurface-mobile (Android). Hopefully that will help me get a better idea
how close we are to being able to release this. But I'd really love to
hear from others since there are large parts of this software that I never
use:

- planner
- SCR / CCR
- configure dive computer
- printing

I know that we currently have an issue where a relatively simple sequence
of operations with an undo at the end can crash the program. That would
seem to be a pretty obvious show stopper for a release.

Willem reported another bug that I think needs to be addressed where
adding a dive manually on the desktop has changed dramatically and is
fundamentally broken (and I think this is again a side effect of the new
undo code). The profile that we generate uses bogus descent / ascent
speeds. I'll look into this one.

It would be great to see what else currently doesn't work as it should.

Thanks

/D