problem with auto-group trips when downloading dives

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jun 27 21:00:44 PDT 2019

Every time I download a new dive from my dive computer, Subsurface creates a new trip for the downloaded dive instead of adding the dive to the existing dive trip.

Reading the code I can see that we have two very different paths for "addDive":

DiveListBase::addDive() which is called when importing from a dive computer - which doesn't even try to match the dive to an existing trip
AddDive::addDive() which appears to do the right thing, but creates an undo event per dive that's added (which isn't what we want for the import).

Berthold, I tried to figure out how to make DiveListBase::addDive() do the right thing, but I think it would be easier if you took a look. My attempts didn't look right :-)
(and didn't work).

Thanks