problem with auto-group trips when downloading dives

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jun 27 21:56:08 PDT 2019

Hi Dirk,

On Friday, 28 June 2019 06:00:44 CEST Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Every time I download a new dive from my dive computer, Subsurface creates a
> new trip for the downloaded dive instead of adding the dive to the existing
> dive trip.

Miika reported the same problem.

> Reading the code I can see that we have two very different paths for
> "addDive":
>
> DiveListBase::addDive() which is called when importing from a dive computer
> - which doesn't even try to match the dive to an existing trip
> AddDive::addDive() which appears to do the right thing, but creates an undo
> event per dive that's added (which isn't what we want for the import).

Dive import on desktop works via Command::importDives(). Whether a new trip is
generated is controlled with the IMPORT_ADD_TO_NEW_TRIP flag. See desktop-
widgets/downloadfromdivecomputer.cpp.

I reckon that you download with your phone? I can try to switch that to
Command::importDives() but I think I would have to do this "blind", i.e.
without the possibility to test. If I remember correctly, BT does not work on
my mobile-on-desktop version.

Berthold