Bug setting the dive time in Subsurface 4.8.5 (Appimage)

Berthold Cogel cogel at uni-koeln.de
Thu May 2 02:22:42 PDT 2019

Am 30.04.19 um 00:53 schrieb Dirk Hohndel:
> Fixed in 4.8.6
>
> /D
>
>> On Apr 29, 2019, at 3:48 PM, Berthold Cogel <cogel at uni-koeln.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I tried to submit the report via github, but somehow the submit button wasn't working.... So ....
>>
>> Because I forgot to change the device time to CEST I wanted to change the time of a dive in subsurface. I used the form to enter the new time and I tried to set the time by incrementing/decrementing the time with the buttons in the form....
>>
>> I tried to set the time from 17:52 to 18:52 and got 16:52. I tried again 18:52 and got 12:52. Trying the buttons to increment the time I got a jump to the next day at one point. At the end I had to edit the xml file manually.
>>
>> Operating system: Debian Buster
>> Device: Suunto Viper Air
>> Subsurface version: Appimage 4.8.5
>>
>> Subsurface 4.8.3 Windows doesn't seem to have this problem.

Hello Dirk,

thanks for the fast reply. I upgraded my computer last week to Buster
and I wanted to update Subsurface too. The links on the webpage still
lead to 4.8.5 (at least the german version) although the new version is
available if the url (tested for the appimage) is modified manually.

Regards
Berthold Cogel