to 4.9 or not to 4.9

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Sun May 5 14:31:19 PDT 2019

Hi Dirk,

On Sonntag, 5. Mai 2019 19:31:12 CEST Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> With all that said, what's the right path to get there?
> What should be in, what should wait for the next release?

That's a tough one.

The one thing for which I don't have a solution yet is the multiple-dive-edit
problem. No information when multiple dives are edited is a recipe for
disaster. I see it coming: User clicks on a dive site, multiple dives are
selected. User edits current dive, but all are changed. The good thing is that
only those fields are changed that have the same value as the edited dive, so
it shouldn't end up in a total catastrophe.

Apart from that, yes undoizing the equipment tab would be nice. There's also
more subtle things: deleting a dive-computer cannot be undone at the moment.
But currently I'd rather fix the obvious problems with the dive-site selection.
I myself am rather busy with live at the moment. Perhaps we can live with a
double tracked system for one release?

> How can more people help finish the missing pieces?

Using master and reporting issues would be very helpful. I'm sure there are a
lot of undetected problems. But be prepared for a rough time.

Also ideas or even implementations for the multiple-dive-edit problem would be
more than welcome.

Berthold