Notes tab for novice divers

Pedro Neves nevesdiver at gmail.com
Tue May 14 07:53:52 PDT 2019

On 14/05/19 15:47, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> So how does one trigger a switch to the "advanced" version? What if
> the first time you use Subsurface, you download from a dive computer?
> I'm trying to understand the logic when we show which UI...
>
> In general, having two different UIs for different users makes me a
> bit nervous. More to test, more to maintain, more to get wrong. But I
> see the value in the simpler layout... I would, however, for
> consistency keep rating and tags below the people you dove with...

Hi:

I like Willem's approach. It's simple and concise.

To "trigger" the switch to the "advanced" version, one could add an item
on the preferences menu (on the General tab?)... I've seen stuff like
this in some programs I use... (Note: I have no idea on how easy it is
to implement it...

I agree with Dirk's comments on the position of the tags and ratings
fields...

Cheers:

Pedro