convert smartrrak-files to XML

Salvador CuƱat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Tue May 28 10:44:09 PDT 2019

Hellow Sylvia.

El mar., 28 may. 2019 a las 17:20, SFE Groenen (<sg.valkenswaard at gmail.com>)
escribiĆ³:

> hello, I find some information on scubaboard/community for converting
> files!
>
> I had a Scupabro-Alladin divecomputer (~699 dives) and now a Suunto-Zoop
> Novo.
> So I want to import the old files into program Suunto DM5
> >> can you help me?

Subsurface has a tool which converts Scubapro's .slg  files to Subsurface's
.xml format.
You can find the tool  smtk2ssrf
<https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/download/continuous/smtk2ssrf-4.8.4-587-gf6ab84f13fde.exe>
in the link (for windows).  It will create an archive in Subusurface format.
The main question is:  Can DM5 import this file? DM5 can import archives in
.xml format but I don't know if Subsurface's variations will be supported
by DM5 importer.  Nevertheless you can give it a try, just be careful not
to try it on your own divelog the first time (I would try the import on a
brand new divelog and, if it worked well -or somehow well- would try on my
divelog after making a backup copy of it, off course).

Importing logs from other computers tends to be a very big drawback in
hardware vendor's divelog programs (I don't actually know anyone doing it),
as they try to get the customer "chained" to their products.
This was the main reason I moved to Subsurface some years ago (or whichever
other software you  can prefer),  programs which are not hardware dependent
support almost all divecomputer on the market and most of their divelog
formats.  E.g.  you could easily have all your dives, both aladin or Zoop
registered in Subsurface and, if you change your computer to any other
vendor in the future or simply borrow a divecomputer for a dive, you can
still have your data merged.

P.S.  I've tried your file and it is correctly imported to Subsurface, as
far as I can see.

Best Regards.

Salva.