Scubapro G2 and USB

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Nov 2 11:47:47 PDT 2019

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 9:00 AM Pedro Neves <nevesdiver at gmail.com> wrote:

> After 2 months without diving I've started again this week. Now my
> Linux machine (Arch linux with kernel 5.3.7) does not recognize my
> Uwatec USB interface (dmesg shows nothing when I plug the thing) .

Even if you don't have a driver for the hardware, the plug-in event
should cause dmesg noise from the USB stack, and you should see it in
"lsusb".

So if you don't see that, something is much more broken than a missing
driver. Possibly the USB port is dead - is it perhaps using an
external hub? Does anything else work in that port?

            Linus