fundamental design issues with trips and dives

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Thu Nov 7 09:54:47 PST 2019

Agreed.  It's just an arbitrary container.

Consider the less crazy case of going on a trip with a group near West Palm Florida for example.  They aren't die hard divers, but have 6 dives spread across a week.  It's still a dive trip.

Then you hear a college buddy is in-state on vacation, and arrange a couple extra dives in a cave up-state.  This is all happening while everyone else is out doing land based activities.  That's also a dive trip, and the two overlap.

I could even see the case with the above example of a dive being in two different trips if two groups overlapped at the same dive site, but that's pushing an edge case....