Building test version of subsurface on Mac

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Nov 18 02:38:53 PST 2019

On 17 November, 2019 - Martin de Weger wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I’ve downloaded the latest developer release from https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/tag/ci-release <https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/tag/ci-release> and unpacked it at ~/Software/subsurface. After reading the Install file I executed cd ~/Software/subsurface/..; bash ~/Software/subsurface/scripts/build.sh -build-deps -desktop from the terminal. As a result, I get the following output.

The ci-release tag is used to provide current dev builds, so if you only
would like to run a dev-build of subsurface you should be able to
download a Subsurface.app.zip from the ci-release page. Obviously there
is a bug somewhere that causes it to not show up right now.

If you would like to build your own latest and greatest subsurface
binaries, I'd suggest you clone the repo instead of downloading a
ci-release snapshot of the source.

> building Subsurface in subsurface/build
> Building in /Users/martinw/Software, installing in /Users/martinw/Software/install-root
> cannot find qmake or qmake-qt5
>
> What am I missing? I have QT 5.13.2 installed in my app folder.

You need to have qmake in your path, or point it out with
QMAKE=path/to/qmake or by pointing CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to the cmake files
in your qt install.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604