Building test version of subsurface on Mac

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Nov 18 08:11:18 PST 2019

I pointed Martin at the release link so he would be able to download binaries. I didn't expect anyone to start from those sources, frankly (they are automatically put there by GitHub, I don't think I can turn this off). Building Subsurface from non-git sources is actually harder than just from a cloned git repository!

Usually all the main binaries are in that directory https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/tag/ci-release <https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/tag/ci-release>, but sometimes one or more are missing because of issues with the way I implemented the uploading of releases. It looks like the latest set is missing the macOS .app.zip file :-(

I can push a current binary to the Subsurface website download area... and I can try and figure out a way to make the upload or the CICD builds more reliable - unfortunately the latest upload looks like it succeeded and somehow ended up getting overwritten / deleted by another build...

Unless you are planning to work on the code itself, I would strongly encourage people to just test with the builds we provide as that is much more indicative of what our users will experience as well.

/D