Building test version of subsurface on Mac

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Nov 18 14:54:21 PST 2019

OK, did some quick testing, here's the good news:

All you need from Homebrew is
brew install libjpg libpng
Everything else is correctly bundled already.

Here's the bad news: at least running inside a VM, the result is not making me happy:

and it complains about having to use a software renderer:

Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.
Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.
Core Image is now using the software OpenGL renderer. This will be slow.

So this may not be good enough for you to use just yet.
I am of course super curious to figure out why this isn't working as expected and whether that's indeed a side effect of running inside a VM (I don't have a computer on 10.15 at this point).

/D