Building test version of subsurface on Mac

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Nov 18 15:25:19 PST 2019

> On Nov 18, 2019, at 2:54 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Here's the bad news: at least running inside a VM, the result is not making me happy:
>

> and it complains about having to use a software renderer:
>
> Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.
> Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.
> Core Image is now using the software OpenGL renderer. This will be slow.
>
> So this may not be good enough for you to use just yet.
> I am of course super curious to figure out why this isn't working as expected and whether that's indeed a side effect of running inside a VM (I don't have a computer on 10.15 at this point).

No, that's not it. The official Subsurface 4.9.3 binaries give the same warning when run in that same VM, but render correctly (they are Qt 5.11 based, the GitHub CICD image is based on Qt 5.13).

A lot more work to be done, I guess. And as I am heading to the airport in a couple of hours and the machine that all these VMs are running on is at home, I'm not sure when I'll get to continue to investigate this.