Building test version of subsurface on Mac

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Nov 19 08:25:43 PST 2019

> On Nov 19, 2019, at 7:09 AM, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
>
> So, somethings odd with the "zip" command on that Mac, causing it to not
> store the execute flag in the zip.

Yes, I'm sure there's an easy fix for that.

> Also, I guess you can put in a "deployment target" somewhere in the
> Mac/xcode/cmake build thingie causing it to create binaries that it can
> start on older os x.

That's indeed possible, but requires us to do the whole "build all of our
dependency" step - which I really don't want to do for every single CICD
build. Because Homebrew is always built specifically for the system you
are running on - that's a design decision they have made. So by using the
homebrew libraries in the CICD builds we make it impossible to use the
resulting binary on older Macs.

I am playing with a little script that simply builds and uploads packages
from one of my macOS VMs at home - but with all my travel (hello from
San Diego) I haven't quite managed to get that working.