Android development

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Wed Nov 20 23:45:06 PST 2019

On 21 November, 2019 - Paul Buxton wrote:

> A quick question, having not done any android development before, what
> is the recommended route for build/debug of subsurface?
>
> Build in the container and send resulting apk to an android emulator/phone?

I just build it locally with packaging/android/build.sh in a separate
build folder, and sometimes run it on an emulator, sometimes on a phone,
depending on what part of the code base I'm playing around with.

(For me It was usb-bits last time, so adb over wifi/tcp to be able to
use usb otg on my phone).

> Do people try and use a debugger, or just log based debugging?

I have never managed to get a debugger to work for our stack, so I've
just used watched logcat.

If you ever figure out how, please write a couple of lines about it.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604