mobile app tasks

Bryan Oliver oliverwritescode at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 16:30:46 PST 2019

> We have some limitations because of the toolkits that we use - I
discussed this with Bryan at length this week in San Diego. The desktop UI
is written in Qt (with one QML widget), the mobile UI is completely written
in QML.

Hey Dirk. So I did some (ok a lot) of digging on this, and it turns out
that Apache used to actually support QT as a platform.
https://github.com/apache/cordova-qt

It has been deprecated, but there are a TON of plugins in here that show us
examples of how to expose our CPP functions to the Cordova JS functions.

However....something else interesting...(we discussed WASM a little)

I also found this in the QT documentation, they are working on support for
WebAssembly:
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_WebAssembly

I'm going to move forward with doing some small UI tweaks in QT/QML just to
get familiar with the code, and then the stats page. But, I'm definitely
going to do a little more research on the above items (partially just out
of pure curiosity), maybe we can make use of one of these in the future.
For now though, I'm going to dive into QML/QT :). Wish me luck!

https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/projects/1
> Is that enough for you to be able to use that? Or is there more I need to
set up?

I can see it, but can't create cards or move them, I think you need to give
me permissions to do so in the Github settings for the organization. My
username is Olivercodes

cheers,
Bryan