RFC: Subsurface Statistics tab

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Nov 25 14:53:31 PST 2019

> On Nov 24, 2019, at 10:09 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> Attached a screenshot of a concept of rearranging the statistics tab. The old design was not space efficient. This one provides all the information in the statistics tab of the present master. Important thing is that it frees a fairly large area at the bottom of the tab. The plan is to use this for more detailed graphical analyses such as bar charts of continuous variables and pie charts of categorical variables. The text box on the right with gas consumption information gets a scroll bar when the tab is made more narrow. Sometimes, with deco dives having 5 or 6 gases, the text in the text box can exceed the depth of the  box. In this case a scroll bar appears and allows viewing all the text.
>
> Would this be workable at all?

I'm always sad when one of us comes up with an idea for the UI and there are no comments at all.
There are several hundred people on this mailing list, most of whom I think use the software. So it feels odd that no one would care.

To me it looks less sophisticated. It looks very 1990-s :-)
Yes, definitely much more space efficient. But I really hope that we can come up with something that is more attractive than this...

Jordan, this is where someone with a design background might be extremely welcome... but I don't want to put you on the spot :-) :-) :-)