Facebook

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Wed Oct 30 00:24:16 PDT 2019

Dirk,

> On 29. Oct 2019, at 18:21, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>
> Quick heads up, I have just deleted the Subsurface Facebook page. It has become clear to me over the last few weeks that I cannot in good conscience do any business with that company, even if that business is only to give reason to people to engage with Facebook in the first place. There are plenty of other venues for users to get in contact with us.

I think this is a bold move but the right decision. I wish I could be as strong.

Speaking of „other venues“, maybe this is the right time to revive the Subsurface Twitter account so we have at least one outlet where our users would not have to poll to find information about our software. My password manager has a password for the SubsurfaceLog account but twitter.com <http://twitter.com/> is currently down so I cannot check if I can still log in.

Best
Robert