4.9.3 preparations

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Sep 7 09:54:22 PDT 2019

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 8:34 AM Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Linus, is there anything in libdivecomputer we should pull?

I just checked Jef's branch, and merged it. It has a Mares BLE packet
caching fix that *might* explain that the Mares BLUELINK Pro
apparently doesn't work any more.

Since I don't have a dive computer to test with, I can't really say.
But that fix looks obvious and harmless even if it doesn't end up
making any difference.

It also merges up my i200C changes (but that doesn't change anything
in our tree, just history) and improves support for the Ratio iDive
dive computers' pressure transmitters.

I've done the merge, I'm doing a test build, and I'll make a pull
request. However, I can't test either the Mares nor the iDive changes,
so it's a slight judgement call. The Mares changes I can't imagine
breaking anything. The iDive changes _look_ good too, but do some odd
things (send a pressure of 0 for "pressure lost", which shouldn't
affect us because I think we'll just ignore it, but..)

So I think merging it is good, but the iDive thing is a _slight_ risk.

                 Linus