4.9.3 preparations

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Sep 7 11:16:30 PDT 2019

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 9:54 AM Linus Torvalds

> I've done the merge, I'm doing a test build, and I'll make a pull
> request.

Travis is happy, things look ok.

For reference, this is the diffstat of the updates from Jef:

     src/divesystem_idive_parser.c | 131 +++++++++++++++-------
     src/mares_iconhd.c            |   2 +

so the risk is literally to just from that iDive parsing (the Mares
changes really can't break anything, particularly as Fabio reported
(again) that it apparently used to work in 4.8.3 but doesn't work in
4.9.2.

Now, there are other changes that Jef did to the Mares code, but the
BLE-specific change I see is his changes to do the BLE packet cache,
so it really looks like that might be it.

So I'd suggest just merging it. The possible breakage is very limited,
and it does look like it might fix things.

                  Linus